Sunday, July 6, 2008

GMAT Intensive Course

These weekends I've attended GAMT Intensive Course. It was real intensive course. On Friday night, I've studied from 6pm~10pm, on Saturday studied from 9am to 6:30pm and today studied from 9am to 8pm.

Despite the fact that the length of the lecture was very long, the course was just great, tremendous. The teacher taught us the technique of the questions and I thought it was 100% practical. The way of his teaching was very very effective. All the students, 50 were native speakers except me. At first time when I had to introduce myself, I was bit embarrassed but I decided to be brave since there was no reason for me to ashame my English. Since everyone knew I'm ESL student, they were very patient when I asked questions and they were even more kind to me. During the class, I made as many as questions and even answered questions. I've answered one question which no one knew. It was not the Math question, it was ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUESTION! I was so proud to answer the question and everyone seemed very surprised. The question was about the Subjuctive. He asked what is Subjuctive and wrote two first alphabet. One was "M" and one was "T". Not noticing what he wrote on the board, I raised my hand and started answering. "As I learned, Subjuctive does not have mood and tense." He seemed pleased to get the answer from at least one person and asked few more questions which other people in the room never heard before. Although answered the question, I was wondered why no one knew. He said that since all students there did not learn grammar in high school so the questions they made were very simliar which ESL students did. I met few people there and decided to form the study group for two or three students (actually all people are working now and they are trying to enter MBA after obtaining the GMAT score) with NATIVE SPEAKERS!!!! They did not mind my English nor not being Canadian.

From this experience, I realize that not only attending English courses but also attending other courses teaching in English (of course.. it's Canada!!) would be great. For 22 hours, I had to understand NOT English, BUT the content what he was talking about. As well, I wrote down lots of expressions which the teacher and students made which I thought it would be great to know for the time when I need to express my thinking.

I'm going to attend few more classes outside of YUELI in spite that the task of Level 6 is very heavy. I think every activity I make will help my improving English. Whenever I take other courses I'll post here.


** I do not mind you correct my grammar in this passage. Please do it for me. I'm very much pleased by that... and any comment always welcome.

It's already 10PM ... I have to have dinner and do homework...... I hope I can finish before the end of today....^^;

Today's new expression or word I've tried

1. so proud to answer
2. nor not being Canadian
3. My improving English

No comments: