Do I look every easy to talk when you see me at first time?
I often wonder why a person on the street, a stranger starts to talk to me instead of other people around me. I often think "Do I look very easy to talk?" I often meet people on the street to ask questions, ask money, and talk.
Two weeks ago on Sunday, I attended a class, and one lady besides me talked to me when the lunch break started. She asked me whether I wanted to have lunch with her. I was so pleased and went out for lunch. Besides her there were few other people but she chose me. Her name is Ivy. She is same age as me and just starts the study as well. We decided to have more intensive class in the downtown and everytime the class finishes, she drives me to back home. I'll meet her tonight again and I feel we would be good friends.
On the same day, at the bus stop, I met a guy from Nigeria who was staying near my home. We had a good conversation before we separated. His name was Martin.
Last Friday, again I was heading to the class to the downtown, I was too tired and sleepy and looked for a seat to sit down. Finally, one lady took off and I took her seat. There was one college student sitting next to me. She seemed to fill out one form and was murmuring. Suddenly she asked "What is the other expenses?". I was surprised. I asked "What is the form?" She said that it was the expense claim she had to submit to the college to refund. I told her that I assumed she could put her transportation cost like TTC pass, her glasses, and so on. She asked more questions, but I did not know what it meant in Canada. Even though I told her I was ESL student, she did not care and asked more questions.
Having more experiences to talk with strangers both Korea and here, I sometimes think whether I look very easy to talk to. Hope it is kind of good image of me.
boss 1
16 years ago
1 comment:
Yes, I think you do look like someone who is easy to talk to. I'm not surprised that you have had these experiences.
Of course, it all adds up to really good English practice, no?
Post a Comment