Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Final Essay

Finally, finished my final essay-first draft. ^^

I was confused until yesterday how I can write, but finally decided how.

I'm not sure this essay let me get a good mark, but I'm relieved because finally I mange to combine two policies, but actually it's more like the liberal side.

It was very difficult subject for me since I wasn't aware of this issue before.

Actually, when I started, I strongly disagree with taking drugs.

However, when I started to read articles- I choose those articles since I thought those are opponents' opinions, so I was going to collect their opinions to beat them, those fascinated me... fool me..

However, I realize how people tend to try when they were forced not to do.

Remember those days when we were high school students, parents and teachers commended us not to read comic books.... It sounds ridiculous now, but it was serious at that time.

However, almost students as I know went to read comic books.

There is saying in Korea, when a mice is chased by a cat, it bits a cat.

"Even a worm will turn" translated in English Version "When held at bay, cowards will often fight."

People need a room to breath I think.

During the research, I found that the differences between Asian countries and Western Countires. None of article was about Asian countries.

I think when the country is rich and people are afford to buy expensive drugs, there are always drug problems.

I never take drug problems seriously. I always think it is existing only in the movie not in my normal life.

However, it was a good experience.

I have one final curiosity about the US, why not drugs but guns. I think guns are more serious problems than drugs.

Drugs only kill drug users not others, but guns kill others.

Drugs are suiside substences, but guns are homocide substences...

I guess ARM dealers give a lot of money to politicians but not drug dealers...^^;

Anyway, now it's time to go to bed...

I went to harbor front on Saturday night and it was beautiful. I'm going to write about it tomorrow... ^^

1 comment:

Don said...

The guns thing in the U.S. kind of drives me crazy. I think it is pretty clear that the power and money of the gun lobby is quite extreme, and in effect they have "bought" the politicians they need to keep the law the way they want it.

People in the U.S. don;t want to see that, because it would look too much like bribery -- but I think that's exactly what it is.

Honestly, whenever there is a Columbine or something like that, the high-ranking politicians who have taken campaign contributions from the gun lobby have to go on TV immediately to say, "I don't think this means we need to restrict guns." Like, immediately, while everyone is still in shock. That seems to me like it's in really bad taste.

But what can you do? Maybe, live in Canada.