Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Searching for Osama

Yesterday, I was watching News.. I think it was alsmot first time I did since I came to Canada.

One woman from UK had an interview and talked about Osama loves.

She came here to search people whose name are Osama.

She says she wants to change the image of Islam through finding Osama which is notorious name now.

Osama is one of common name in Islam countries like John, and it means little lion representing braveness.

If you see the website http://osamaloves.channel4.com/

You will see there are so many people whose name are Osama and what they are doing.

It was touching when I saw the little boy there.


I remeber the day when the world trade center had crashed down.

It was bit late and I was coming back home from work and my father called me and said the world trade center was attached by plane.

I was feeling like he said some jokes. How come the building in the US could be attacked? ... No way.

But, when I got home, I felt like there would be World War III soon.....

After the incident, the US was prepared the war to Afganistan to find Osama Bin Laden and finally did.

Since then, I think and she also thinks the world has a wrong perception against Islam countries.

I think the US is using Islam country to create new enemy. (The US lost UK (long time ago) and Soviet Union, but North Korea is too small to attack and finally find new big enemy to create a war)

However, anyway, people see the war and innocent people (Soldiers from their own countries-families) are dying.. then cannot stop having bad image about Islam country.

The purpose of looking for Osamas is giving other world the image of smile from Islam country.

It is great to have those events, but she wanted to visit the US, but the visa was refused.

Any way, since I've got here, I has a very good relationship with Saudi Arabian students and learned a lot about them.

Last Friday, my husband and I with other friends were invited by Abdule and Kaosha (bother and sister, both are stuying at YUELI ^^)

They cook dinner for us and we talked about Islam cultures.

I was actually asking about the marriage... I was hesitated.. but asked...

One married woman told me that to get married another woman, there should be always a reason for that.

Like, if a wife cannot deliver baby, is sick or cannot have sexual life, it is allowed to have another woman.

She says, the first wife also allows a husband to get married and gives money to the second wife.
(First wife also gets money from a husband)

It is better to have an official wife than to have an affair by cheating... Before marriage, they should always present Health Inspection Report and it also helps to avoid having bad diseases.

I think it makes sense... some extent... Rather than to see a husband have an affair, having second wife would be better.. ^^

She also says that it only happens in the past since men were so health.. but not now.. ^^;;

But, anyway, I also get rid of one of my misperception about Islam country.

As well, there are a lot of simliar games we have and there are a lot of similarities as well with Korean culture.

They sit and sleep on the floor like us (but thesedays, we prefer sleeping in bed to sleeping on the floor).

They have a special game with black and white stones like us - with finger we kick(tick?) other's stone out of the plate.

Whenever I have time to talk with them, I'm amazed by not only their culture itself, but also similarities.

Sometimes I feel, the World was one at the beginning, and Sons of one Ancestor went to different places and builded up new countries. They had to survive with each country's weather, land and air, so they changed and become different people.

Some of things still all have, but some of things has been changed..

That's why we can find similar culture in a miles away country.

That's my theory. ^^

By the way, I think it is always good to know other culture and I can learn a lot from it.

1 comment:

Don said...

It's always good to learn about another culture, yes.

I have read that it's a common political strategy to find an exterior enemy -- invent one if need be -- to create a sense of patriotism at home. Pacifists have complained about that one for a long time, at least since World War I.