Sunday, August 10, 2008

IKEA

Yesterday, I visited IKEA with my husband to check what we need to buy for moving.
We decided to move and rented a one bedroom apartment near school and will move in on September 1st.

We are moving in unfurnished, so we need to buy lots of stuff.
We are going to purchase most of furniture or dishes from used market, but BED.. I want to buy new one. I seems wierd for people in here, but most Korean don't like to buy used BED including me since we do not know who lied down there before and what happened..

I took a subway to Leslie (transport at Sheppard to the east) and there was a Shuttle bus to IKEA. (If you want to go, you should go upstair where buses are coming in and go out to the station and bus comes every 20 minutes)

I really loved it. There are coloful kitchen utensils, cups, waste bin, and others. We spent an hour and went down to eat hot dog, it was only 2 dollar 50 cents for two hot dogs, one small chip and one medium size drink... But it was small of course and my husband had three hot dogs.. ^^

We checked the price and size there, and we will go back after we visit used market.

I think the price in IKEA is relatively reasonable. Since we're looking for temporary use about three years, I think the price there is very good for people like me. Mightbe, if we are looking for furniture for more than 10 years use, I doubt whether it's good enough.
However, some of products, the design was great and I really love to buy it.

It was bit far from home, but I think I'll visit there quite often after I move in.

1 comment:

Don said...

Of course, as we talked about today, IKEA is a bit like Wal-Mart, putting the pressure on its suppliers. I heard from fabiola about a guy she met who worked for an IKEA supplier, and he said they actually took a loss on that business, but just did it for the advertising value it had for them, to say they supply products to IKEA . . .