I printed the map to teacher's house and change my clothes since it is first time to visit a teacher's house, so I want to give Nathalie good impression. I went to school to pick up my husband and went down to Sheppard and dropped by Dominion to by cookies. Normally, when we visit other person's place, we'd brought something for thanks for inviting.
We went down to Broadview station and I took out my map. OH! MY! GOD!
I didn't realize that I did not bring the apartment number. I did not even have any phone number of classmates. -.-;;;;;; I was so upset about myself... how stupid I am... I really wanted to see Nathalie.... I missed this precious opportunity.... -.-;;;; I could not think of anything... My husband was teasing me.... hey... you alwasy forget something...
I did not know what I could do.... but I wanted to see how Broadview has changed.
Broadview is familiar name for me. It's going back to 12 years ago when I first came to Canada. It was first time being in overseas as well. No one I had here and I was staying at Canadian's house. I arrived at my homestay family's house on Saturday night and I slept. However, I woke up about three am and could not sleep because of Jetlag. Acually, I was forced coming here by my dad, and I was really scrared of being in unknown country.
I woke up so early and started to think of my mom and stared to crying. I was writing a letter to my mom and I hate this country and I want to come back to Korea... I was crying all night - I think it is the longest night I ever had and longest time I ever cried- until I make my homestay mother wake up. Originally, she was from Greece and she was a professor at George Brown College.
She came to my room and asked what's going on.
I was crying again and said "I really miss my mom!"
It again made me cry. I really hated that situation that I had to speak English especially when I really missed my mom....
She took me to Danforth street - her house was close to Danforth, and I normally took a bus to the house from Broadview station- and there was Greek Festival as I remember that was May.
She took me a restaurant and I ate Squid fried which looked very familiar to Korean food.
On the way back to home, she dropped by almost all convenience stores to find any Korean and found one Korean lady running one store. I was crying again and really happy to see a Korean there.......
It was my first day in Canada and the first day was the start date of Greek Festival.
When I heard a station name, "Broadview" from Don, I was thinking the first day and wanted to do there to check how much it has been changed and as well as see a gorgious lady, Nathalie... but I missed.
However, my husband and I decided to enjoy the Fest, and we walked from Broadiew to Pape and enjoyed the sciene. However, as I remember there were so many people packed, but not this time. Unlike before, I could see lots of advertisements from big companies.
Anyway, it is always good to participate festivals in Canada and we had a good time there.
Eventhough I missed a chance to attract (^^;) Nathalie with Cookie, I'll bring them to the class... I hope tomorrow, I'll not forget that.
I envy all of you seeing Nathalie!
boss 1
16 years ago
3 comments:
Deat Meggie,we all missed you very mush on that day! Why didn't Meggide come yet??
It was a pity that you missed not only lovely Nathalie, but beautiful Fabibola as well...
However, our professor is so nice that he invited us again on August 15th!(Please see his blog.)^_^ Especially for you!!
Sorry Puma... Humm.. I'm stupid than I thought indeed.. ^^
But, let's have fun on Friday..
Cao~
Of course, it isn't hard to find Korean people in Toronto any day. I wonder what that must have been like -- I am told that often the people who have been here for a generation can be quite different from the people at home, maybe, like, old-fashioned in their language and habits . .
Post a Comment